By Bradley Holt
This useful advisor bargains a quick path on scaling CouchDB to satisfy the capability wishes of your allotted software. via a sequence of scenario-based examples, this booklet allows you to discover numerous tools for making a approach which could accommodate development and meet anticipated call for. within the strategy, you find out about numerous instruments that may assist you with replication, load balancing, clustering, and cargo trying out and monitoring.
- Apply functionality assistance for tuning your database
- Replicate information, utilizing Futon and CouchDB’s RESTful interface
- Distribute CouchDB’s workload via load balancing
- Learn ideas for making a cluster of CouchDB nodes, together with BigCouch, front room, and Pillow
- Conduct dispensed load checking out with Tsung
By James F. Kurose
&>Computer Networking maintains with an early emphasis on application-layer paradigms and alertness programming interfaces (the best layer), encouraging a hands-on adventure with protocols and networking thoughts, earlier than operating down the protocol stack to extra summary layers.
This e-book has develop into the dominant e-book for this path as a result of the authors’ reputations, the precision of clarification, the standard of the paintings software, and the worth in their personal supplements.
Visit the authors’ web publication for info and assets to debate the most recent variation, in addition to precious insights, instructing counsel, and dialogue concerning the box of desktop Networking http://kuroseross.com
By Ophir Frieder
If you recognize easy high-school math, you could quick study and follow the center options of laptop technology with this concise, hands-on e-book. Led via a staff of specialists, you’ll quick comprehend the adaptation among machine technological know-how and machine programming, and you’ll learn the way algorithms assist you resolve computing problems.
Each bankruptcy builds on fabric brought previous within the e-book, so that you can grasp one center construction block earlier than relocating directly to the subsequent. You’ll discover primary subject matters akin to loops, arrays, gadgets, and sessions, utilizing the easy-to-learn Ruby programming language. Then you’ll positioned every little thing jointly within the final bankruptcy by way of programming an easy online game of tic-tac-toe.
- Learn tips on how to write algorithms to resolve real-world problems
- Understand the fundamentals of computing device architecture
- Examine the fundamental instruments of a programming language
- Explore sequential, conditional, and loop programming structures
- Understand how the array facts constitution organizes storage
- Use looking ideas and comparison-based sorting algorithms
- Learn approximately items, together with the best way to construct your own
- Discover how items might be produced from different objects
- Manipulate documents and use their information on your software
Starting Java with WebSphere offers a step by step advisor for growing and fitting either customer- and server-based Java purposes utilizing fast software improvement v8, WebSphere program Server 8.0, and Java.
Since increasingly more Java purposes are relocating to the server and utilizing HTML for the person interface, there's a minimum period of time spent exploring the Java GUI parts. extra in particular, this e-book covers graphical person interfaces utilizing RAD's visible Editor, variables, conditional common sense, and alertness improvements/enhancements from the buyer aspect. And, from the server-side, this ebook covers servlets, JavaServer Pages (JSPs), database accessibility (JDBC), customized tags, and concludes with JavaServer Faces (JSFs).
This booklet be aware of base themes that let you get to the server-side and database themes quickly.
By Jeff Johnson
During this thoroughly up-to-date and revised variation of Designing with the brain in Mind, Jeff Johnson provide you with barely enough heritage in perceptual and cognitive psychology that consumer interface (UI) layout guidance make intuitive feel instead of being only a checklist or ideas to follow.
Early UI practitioners have been proficient in cognitive psychology, and built UI layout principles in response to it. yet because the box has developed because the first variation of this ebook, designers input the sector from many disciplines. Practitioners this day have adequate event in UI layout that they've been uncovered to layout principles, however it is key that they comprehend the psychology at the back of the foundations for you to successfully observe them.
In this re-creation, you'll locate new chapters on human selection and selection making, hand-eye coordination and a spotlight, in addition to new examples, figures, and reasons all through.
DNS and BIND tells you every little thing you want to paintings with one of many Internet's basic construction blocks: the disbursed host info database that is chargeable for translating names into addresses, routing mail to its right vacation spot, or even directory cell numbers with the recent ENUM common. This publication brings you recent with the most recent alterations during this an important service.
The 5th version covers BIND 9.3.2, the latest unlock of the BIND nine sequence, in addition to BIND 8.4.7. BIND 9.3.2 includes extra advancements in protection and IPv6 aid, and critical new positive factors resembling internationalized domains, ENUM (electronic numbering), and SPF (the Sender coverage Framework).
Whether you are an administrator concerned with DNS each day or a person who desires to be extra trained concerning the net and the way it really works, you will discover that this publication is key reading.
- What DNS does, the way it works, and in case you have to use it
- How to discover your personal position within the Internet's namespace
- Setting up identify servers
- Using MX documents to direction mail
- Configuring hosts to exploit DNS identify servers
- Subdividing domain names (parenting)
- Securing your identify server: limiting who can question your server, fighting unauthorized area transfers, averting bogus servers, etc.
- The DNS defense Extensions (DNSSEC) and Transaction Signatures (TSIG)
- Mapping one identify to a number of servers for load sharing
- Dynamic updates, asynchronous notification of swap to a area, and incremental quarter transfers
- Troubleshooting: utilizing nslookup and dig, analyzing debugging output, universal problems
- DNS programming utilizing the resolver library and Perl's Net::DNS module
By Jeffery Hicks
PowerShell intensive, moment Edition is the go-to reference for directors operating with home windows PowerShell. each significant procedure, know-how, and tactic is thoroughly defined and established, supplying a hands-on consultant to just about every little thing an admin could do within the shell. Written via 3 skilled authors and PowerShell MVPs, this can be the PowerShell e-book you are going to hold subsequent on your monitor—not in your bookshelf!
Purchase of the print booklet encompasses a loose book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Book
A home windows admin utilizing PowerShell on a daily basis would possibly not have the time to look the web at any time when she or he hits a snag. would it not be nice to have a crew of pro PowerShell specialists able to solution even the hardest questions? that is what you get with this ebook.
PowerShell extensive, moment Edition is the go-to reference for directors operating with home windows PowerShell. each significant procedure, expertise, and tactic is thoroughly defined and verified, supplying a hands-on consultant to just about every thing an admin might do within the shell. Written through PowerShell MVPs Don Jones, Jeffrey Hicks, and Richard Siddaway, every one worthwhile strategy was once built and carefully established, so you can continually write production-quality, maintainable scripts whereas saving hours of effort and time.
This booklet assumes you recognize the fundamentals of PowerShell.
- Automating tasks
- Packaging and deploying scripts
- Introduction to wanted country Configuration
- PowerShell security
- Covers PowerShell model three and later
About the Authors
Don Jones, Jeffery Hicks, and Richard Siddaway are Microsoft MVPs, running shoes, and directors. jointly, they have authored approximately 3 dozen books on PowerShell and home windows administration.
Table of Contents
- PowerShell hosts
- Using the PowerShell aid system
- The fundamentals of PowerShell syntax
- Working with PSSnapins and modules
- Working with objects
- The PowerShell pipeline
- PowerShell Remoting
- Background jobs and scheduling
- Working with credentials
- Regular expressions
- Working with HTML and XML data
- PSDrives and PSProviders
- Variables, arrays, hash tables, and script blocks
- PowerShell security
- Advanced PowerShell syntax
- PowerShell's scripting language
- Basic scripts and functions
- Creating gadgets for output
- PowerShell workflows
- Advanced syntax for scripts and functions
- Script modules and show up modules
- Custom formatting views
- Custom kind extensions
- Data language and internationalization
- Writing help
- Error dealing with techniques
- Debugging instruments and techniques
- Functions that paintings like cmdlets
- Tips and tips for growing reports
- Working with the part item version (COM)
- Working with .NET Framework objects
- Accessing databases
- Proxy functions
- Building a GUI
- WMI and CIM
- Working with the web
- Desired nation Configuration
PART 1 POWERSHELL FUNDAMENTALS
PART 2 POWERSHELL MANAGEMENT
PART three POWERSHELL SCRIPTING AND AUTOMATION
PART four complicated POWERSHELL
By Lee Ambrosius
No one ever stated AutoCAD was once effortless, that's why you would like AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT 2009 All-In-One table Reference for Dummies! those 9 minibooks conceal the entire things you want to know to establish AutoCAD for 2nd or 3D, create drawings, alter and proportion them, post your paintings, and extra. There’s even a minibook dedicated to expanding your ideas with AutoCAD LT!
This one-stop advisor to making nice technical drawings utilizing AutoCAD 2009 indicates you ways to navigate the AutoCAD interface, manage drawings, use easy and precision instruments, and use drawing gadgets. You’ll how you can annotate your drawings, use dimensioning and hatching, and paintings with AutoCAD’s new Annotation Scaling function. You’ll additionally the best way to paintings with solids, texture surfaces, upload lighting fixtures, and lots more and plenty extra. detect how to
- Navigate the AutoCAD interface
- Work with traces, shapes, and curves
- Add explanatory text
- Understand AutoCAD LT’s limitations
- Render your drawings
- Create and deal with blocks
- Use AutoCAD complex drafting techniques
- Comply with CAD administration and standards
- Share your paintings with others
- Customize the AutoCAD interface, instruments, and more
Complete with net hyperlinks to complex info on navigating the AutoCAD programming interfaces, utilizing customized courses, getting began with AutoLISP, and dealing with visible uncomplicated for AutoCAD, AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT 2009 All-In-One table Reference for Dummies is the single entire AutoCAD advisor you’ll ever need.
Digital layout and desktop Architecture takes a distinct and smooth method of electronic layout. starting with electronic good judgment gates and progressing to the layout of combinational and sequential circuits, Harris and Harris use those primary development blocks because the foundation for what follows: the layout of an exact MIPS processor. SystemVerilog and VHDL are built-in during the textual content in examples illustrating the tools and strategies for CAD-based circuit layout. by means of the top of this booklet, readers should be in a position to construct their very own microprocessor and may have a top-to-bottom realizing of the way it really works. Harris and Harris have mixed an enticing and funny writing variety with an up to date and hands-on method of electronic layout.
This moment variation has been up to date with new content material on I/O structures within the context of common goal processors present in a computer in addition to microcontrollers came upon virtually in every single place. the recent version presents functional examples of the way to interface with peripherals utilizing RS232, SPI, motor regulate, interrupts, instant, and analog-to-digital conversion. High-level descriptions of I/O interfaces present in desktops comprise USB, SDRAM, WiFi, PCI exhibit, and others. as well as increased and up-to-date fabric all through, SystemVerilog is now featured within the programming and code examples (replacing Verilog), along VHDL. This re-creation additionally offers extra routines and a brand new appendix on C programming to reinforce the relationship among programming and processor architecture.
SECOND variation Features
Covers the basics of electronic good judgment layout and reinforces good judgment suggestions in the course of the layout of a MIPS microprocessor.
Updated in line with teacher suggestions with extra workouts and new examples of parallel and complex architectures, functional I/O purposes, embedded structures, and heterogeneous computing
- Presents electronic approach layout examples in either VHDL and SystemVerilog (updated for the second one version from Verilog), proven side-by-side to match and distinction their strengths
- Includes a brand new bankruptcy on C programming to supply priceless must haves and advance the relationship among programming and processor architecture
- Companion website contains hyperlinks to Xilinx CAD instruments for FPGA layout, lecture slides, laboratory initiatives, and recommendations to exercises.
Instructors may also sign up at textbooks.elsevier.com for entry to:
- Solutions to all workouts (PDF)
- Lab fabrics with solutions
- HDL for textbook examples and workout recommendations
- Lecture slides (PPT)
- Sample exams\
- Sample path syllabus
- Figures from the textual content (JPG, PPT)
By Kathy Ceceri
Making uncomplicated Robots relies on one thought: anyone can construct a robotic! that incorporates youngsters, institution academics, mom and dad, and non-engineers. in case you can knit, stitch, or fold a flat piece of paper right into a field, you could construct a no-tech robot half. when you can use a scorching glue gun, you could discover ways to solder uncomplicated electronics right into a low-tech robotic that reacts to its atmosphere. And for those who can work out the way to use the apps in your clever mobilephone, you could study sufficient programming to speak with an easy robot.
Written in language that non-engineers can comprehend, Making uncomplicated Robots is helping newcomers flow past simple craft abilities and fabrics to the newest items and instruments getting used through artists and inventors. tips to animate folded paper origami, layout a flexible robotic wheel-leg for 3D printing, or application a rag doll to blink its cyborg eye. every one undertaking contains step by step instructions in addition to transparent diagrams and pictures. and each bankruptcy bargains feedback for enhancing and increasing the tasks, that you should go back to the initiatives many times as your ability set grows.